Fizzy Drinks and Medicine bad for your body health it has a certain temperature and requirements. It also has different acidic levels to help the functioning of that particular organ.
The most acidic organ in your body is said to be the stomach. The stomach is where all your health problem solutions are taken in e.g. grandma’s trusty turmeric milk and the doctors trusty medicines.
The stomach is the place all food and water is taken to start the process of digestion. The digestion though starts from your mouth called “mechanical digestion” the main process to turn it into useful energy starts in the stomach. The digestion in the stomach is called “chemical digestion”.
In the mouth the food mixes with saliva that helps break down carbohydrates, the rest of the process starts with the food breaking into simpler nutrients in the stomach. The stomach as we know is an acidic region, some foods are also acidic in nature. Soft drinks are very acidic in nature. Intake of these beverages raises the acidic levels in the stomach which don’t prove to work well with a human body in most cases, causing acidity also known as an “acid reflux”.
Too Much Science!
Don’t confuse your mind, relax. Let’ just put it this way:
Your mom is mad at you for not refilling the water bottle before putting it in the fridge (“high acidic level” of anger). If she enters your room now and finds the dirty laundry is still on the floor, that’s adding on to the acid. Hence, you better pick up the laundry as she asked you to two days ago. So that there is no chemical reaction to worsening the situation.
The stomach is the angry mom, soda is the chore you did not do, water is the chore that you did do.
Medicine Helps You Recover but Do You Know How to Take It
Your mom has been after you all your life to take the medicine with water. No, not with any liquid that you are holding in your hand. She has always been against you taking it with Fizzy drinks, fruit juice or milk or coffee and tea. Your health care is her biggest concern. Hence, she keeps a stern eye on you.
Have you ever wondered why these things may be harmful to swallowing medicines with? At the end of the day, their base is water.
1) These beverages may break down the medication and causing the medicine to be ineffective. For instance, the tannic acid in tea will reduce the digestion of drugs. Orange and apple juices may block the effect of some drugs wiping out any potential benefit to patients. Only half of the dose was absorbed into the bloodstream, compared with water.
2) Furthermore, they do not help in the absorption of certain components like iron.
3) Worse, they may have interaction with some of the medication. The carbonic acid in soft drinks and juice, as well as the protein in milk, may cause an adverse chemical reaction to the medicine.
4) The other tip is not to take any medication immediately after breakfast. Wait for at least an hour if you take milk, tea or coffee. If you drink milk before you go to bed, then, you should take your medicine an hour before sleeping.
Water is the Actual Medical Elixir of Life
Water is said to be the most harmonizing liquid present on the face of this earth. We ourselves are said to be 70% water. So that has to be the best liquid intake for us.
1) Water helps with better absorption of the medicinal nutrients
2) Full glass of medicine is better for you as it helps
3) Water should be at room temperature as too hot or cold will not be good for you
4) Too little water will leave the chalky texture on your tongue and throat which might be unpleasant for you
5) Water does not react with the chemicals of the medicine hence you get the full effect with water.
Other than that if not enough water is taken in with medicine, you might choke on your own medicine and that won’t be pleasant. Absorb the nutrients properly from your medicines and actually remain healthy, Keep your self-updated through healthcare news and make the most of it.